What is the ISRC?
The ISRC (International Standard Recording Code) is the international identification system for sound recordings and music videorecordings. Each ISRC is a unique
and permanent identifier for a specific recording which can be permanently encoded into a product as its digital fingerprint. Encoded ISRC provide the means to
automatically identify recordings for royalty payments.
The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) recommends that all music producers use ISRC.
Benefits of using ISRC
The ISRC system is the key to royalty collection for recordings in the digital information age.
- ISRC is a unique, reliable, international identification system.
- ISRC provides a unique tool for the purpose of rights administration.
- ISRC is a useful identification tool in the electronic distribution of music.
- ISRC coding is compatible with standards developed in the field of consumer electronics and is readable by hardware already used in the recording industry.
- ISRC is cost effective - it can be put into operation without requiring special investment in equipment or technologies.
IFPI Greece is the official ISRC Agency for Greece.
For information regarding the form of ISRC read here.
For more information regarding the ISRC system read here.